With the trend ever increasing towards online spending it is estimated that only 23% of small Irish businesses are engaged in any meaningful way in e-commerce sales. For businesses employing less than ten people this percentage could be even lower. It is now believed that of online purchases made in Ireland that 70% of these are done in overseas markets.
There is now an urgency to ensure that businesses recognise that this is happening and that they are encouraged and supported to correctly respond to this digital reality.
Vouchers will be available to a maximum value of €2,500 or 50% eligible expenditure (exclusive of VAT), whichever is the lesser;
- Voucher approval must be gained prior to incurring any expense;
- Own labour is not an eligible expense;
- Third party costs only will be considered;
- All third party/supplier invoices must contain proper business details (e.g. Tax and Business Registration details).
The vouchers are targeted at businesses with the following profile:
Limited online trading presence;
- Less than 10 employees;
- Applicants must be registered and trading for minimum of 12 months;
- Turnover less than €2million.
Ineligible projects include:
- Charitable status;
- Commercial semi-state companies;
- ”Not for profit” organisations;
- Trade associations;
- Company representation bodies such as Chambers of Commerce.
What can The Online Trading Vouchers be used for:
- The development or upgrade of an e-commerce website such as implementing online payments or booking systems;
- Purchase of Internet related software;
- Online advertising;
- Development of an app;
- Implementation of a digital marketing strategy;
- Consultation with ICT experts for early stage adopters of online strategy;
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an online trading activity.
Vouchers cannot be used for:
- Development of brochure websites;
- Purchase of non-internet related software;
- Anything other than online trading related activity.
- Read the terms and conditions;
- Complete and sign application form and return to Local Enterprise Office
- Enclose copies of three quotations in respect of each proposed element of work.
Digital Voucher Brochure available here.
Trading Online Voucher – eForm Available (.docx) HERE.
Contact Jeremy Cullen, Local Enterprise Office Roscommon on 090 6626263 to find out more information regarding the Trading Online Voucher Scheme.
Contact Local Enterprise Office Mayo on 094 9047555 to find out more information regarding the Trading Online Voucher Scheme.